Andhra Pradesh State FiberNet Limited (APSFL)
APSFL is established by the Govt. of AP for establishing and operating the AP Fiber grid project. The vision of the Fiber grid project is – “To establish a highly scalable network infrastructure, accessible on a non-discriminatory basis, to provide on demand, affordable and end-to-end broadband connectivity of 10 to 20 Mbps for ALL households and 1 to 10 Gbps for ALL institutions & Multi-Dwelling Units by 2018, to enable realization of the Vision of Digital AP, in partnership with the Government of India and the private sector”.
Broadly, the program includes –
• Setting up State-Wide High-Speed, optical fiber infrastructure leveraging the existing assets of the electricity transmission/distribution companies such as electric poles/substations etc.
• Establishing a scalable infrastructure and network with a business model of Infrastructure as a service(IAAS) and Platform as a service(PAAS) on a non-discriminatory basis to ISPs, TSPs, MSOs and content providers etc with their services being extended to the last mile user through PoPs at around 2,841 substations and further utilizing the existing LCO network wherever available.
• Developing sustainable business models for last-mile operators, and also providing institutional ecosystem with a platform for delivering products and services.
• Providing ‘On-Demand’ bandwidth of 10 – 15 Mbps for households and 100Mbps-1 Gbps for Government or private agencies at an affordable price on demand.
• Developing a technology ecosystem, conducive for integration with potential national level initiatives such as the National Optical Fiber Network and existing initiatives such as the State Wide Area Network and AP Fiber Grid Phase-II (underground)
APSFL invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the below mentioned positions. Shortlisting and selection of the candidates shall be done by a Committee of Authorized officials. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the candidates. Appointment will be on Contract basis, for an initial period of one year, which can be renewed based on requirement and discretion of APSFL. Job location for all the roles will be at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Sorry, Career requirements are not available.