Qualifications & Experience:
• B.E./B.TECH. (Electronics/Computer Science/IT engineering) with min. 3 years of experience in network operations.
•Should have CCNA/Routing and switching with MCSE level certification required or equivalent experience.
• Familiarity with ITIL or Six Sigma.
Job Description & skill requirements:
Responsible for providing the real time MONITORING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT for Application, Network, Server and Enterprise system elements using alarming and monitor notification tools. Network operations administrator’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain, monitor and manage mission critical servers and applications in a mission critical 24×7 environment.
• Manage applications in multi-server Windows, Linux, and Oracle environment, requiring limited or no downtime.
• Responsible for the system administration activities within 24×7 environments and assure security of and access to mission critical data.
• Collaborate with other operational support teams (systems engineering, network engineering, DBAs (Data Base Administrator), application support and application development teams.
• Participate as part of a team within identified off hours maintenance
• Review on a regular basis (at a minimum quarterly) OCI metrics and procedures and any identified training.
• Participate in identified disaster recovery and backup procedures.
• Experience with TCP/IP, Telnet, SMTP, FTP, VPN and DNS services. Installation and operation of custom Internet and Intranet computing environments running Windows and Linux.
• Disciplined technical thinker, able to work within environment that has a highly documented process.
• Demonstrable expertise in server/system management in a production environment.
• Experience with networking monitoring tools, TCP/IP, SMTP, sFTP, VPN, MPLS network design, IPS/IDS, QoS Design, Firewall, Proxy servers, Active Directory, IIS, ASP, HTML, VBScript, Windows Scripting, and DNS services.
• Required to monitor the staging, development and production environments, and if necessary troubleshoot to resolve and or escalate any system, application or operational issues.
• Responsible for opening, updating, providing status and closing tickets.
• Performs diagnostic / assessment functions to include the determination and the execution of corrective actions(s) on real-time basis.
• Directs and coordinate corrective actions to restore and repair application/ server and system conditions internally and externally.
• Serves as technical specialist responsible for front line troubleshooting of service issues and interruptions.
• Author, update and keep current procedural documentation.
• Assist in the gathering of metrics and performance trends for analysis and tuning.
• Self-motivated with very good oral and written English.
• Works well with other talented members of the team and assist with any cross training as identified.
• Can work with deadlines and milestones.